Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Good Morning Starbucks

As I do most mornings, I took a swing into one of my local Starbucks coffeehouses. Gaithersburg, MD has some of the most Starbucks for a town of our population size, in the US. So finding a place to stop for coffee isn't too tough, if you like Starbucks. Personally its not my FAVORITE coffee, but it's not bad. Personally, I like Mayorga but they don't have a location convenient to my office/home. If you live in the MD/DC area you should check Mayorga out, great coffee that is roasted locally.

Back onto Starbucks, they are hosting a bookdrive in my area for DC/Prince Georges County libraries. The drive is specifically looking for new childrens books. I bought some books over the weekend and donated them today. I honestly don't think this place had gotten any donations or at least not that many, even though this drive has been running all month. They called the manager out to greet me when I arrived, they gave me my coffee on the house and vouchers for more free coffee. I was a little surprised, I didn't expect such a reaction.

Now a post wouldn't be complete without some cranky complaint. I HATE Starbucks coffee cup tops. Those thing are terrible, I never fail to end up wearing coffee when I have to use one of their paper cups/plastic toppers. It doesn't take much of a jolt or bump for me to spill that coffee. I know I'm not the only person to have this problem. Why can't they design a better top?? Dunkin Donuts has great toppers, I've never had a spill problem there. Other places have also been able to overcome this basic topper design flaw.

I'm sure the people reading this are thinking, "Damn man, get a life. This isn't that big a deal". Hey it's a big deal when I'm dressed for work and I have to deal with a coffee stain on my slacks all day when meeting with clients. I usually bring my own cup to avoid this challenge...but somedays..like today, I forgot. And sure enough as I type this posting I can still smell this morning's coffee from the two spill spots on my pants.

2 Comments:

Blogger droracle said...

Thank ya, man. I've had a few false starts in the world of blogging. I love the interface here, the ability to customize and the fact that I already have good friends on this service helps out as well.

Thu Aug 18, 03:57:00 PM EST  
Blogger endangered coffee said...

Yes, Dunkin Donuts has pretty much perfected the science of airtight coffee toppers.
I have a similar Starbucks complaint on my latest posting, but I had not conisdered that the faultiness of the lid may be part of the bigger picture.

Wed Jan 25, 03:23:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home