Friday, August 19, 2005

Where is the Love, Sonic?

Thinking about flying cars yesterday had me thinking about how different businesses would change or benefit from the flying personal transportation trend. One fast food restaurant that came to mind was the Sonic Drive-In franchise. But my dreams quickly were consumed by the frustration I feel when I reality of the total absense of Sonic's in the DC Metro area hit me.


I'm not the world's healthiest eater, nor am I a fast food junkie. Honestly, I'm not that big on fast food fare. But I do enjoy the offerings at Sonic. I was introduced to their drive-thru junk food paradise while driving to Arkansas to spend the holidays with the in-laws. I fell in love with their wide variety of milk shakes, their tastey breakfast offerings, the Cherry-Limeade is something I haven't tasted anywhere else on this planet.

BUT we don't have them here in the DC area, the closest one is in Williamsburg, VA. Not exactly convenient, since that is approx. 120 miles away from my neighborhood. It wouldn't be so bad, if Sonic hadn't started this major national advertising blitz. Everyday on television now I see one of their "clever" little commericials, usually on one of the cable stations or national network broadcasts.

Personally I think the drive-in business model would work well in the DC area. Because of the horrible morning and evening commutes most of us are trapped into we are in our cars a good portion of the day. Maybe real estate is too tough to aquire, who knows. And who cares. I don't like to muck around with the details, all I want is a Sonic somewhere within a 50 mile radius from my house. I'd start a petition, but that's just a lot of effort for something that I probably don't really need.

1 Comments:

Blogger CurvyDiva said...

I would kill for a Cherry Limeade and extra long chili cheese coney right now.....

Tue Aug 23, 01:14:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home