Friday, September 23, 2005

It's almost m'birthday

I'm actually in a decent mood, so no rants or grumpy old man complaining today. I'm looking forward to the weekend, since Sunday will be my 32nd birthday. Tomorrow the wife and I are heading up to Cumberland, MD to take a ride on the scenic railroad through the mountains. I love trains, especially steam engines, so this is a great birthday treat for me. A few years back we went to Strasburg, PA where they have a fantastic train museum and a great steam engine ride through the Amish farmlands. The train ride in Cumberland is a bit longer and comes with a meal. Since it's my b-day, my Lady sprung for first-class seats, very nice :-)

After this week at work, I could definitely use a relaxing ride through the mountains. I like my new job, but whew this was a tough week!

Folks have asked me what I want for my birthday, what do I want? what do I want? I'm actually in a place right now where I don't want much. At least nothing special, nothing I couldn't just get for myself. Spending a day with my wife doing something we enjoy sounds like a good present to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home