Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Labor Day Weekend

I'm back at work today feeling refreshed and feeling good. With me in this pleasant mood, I don't have any "rants" to unleash today. Quite the opposite. During the three day weekend, the Lady and I stayed home instead of taking a trip to the beach or something along those lines.

On Friday night going well into the wee hours of Saturday morning we assembled our new queen sized bed. Something the Lady found on overstock.com. It's a great bed, a matte black metal frame and you couldn't beat the price. The assembly instructions sucked like a Hoover, but we overcame & triumphed. The advertised half-hour for assembly time definitely wasn't an accurate estimation on the part of the company. The mattress and box spring came on Saturday and we were in business. This is an upgrade for us in bed size and it makes a considerable difference. Plus the mattress is fantastic, my back hasn't felt this good in years.

Sunday morning we had brunch with another couple at Georgia Brown's near MacPherson Square in DC. This was the first time any of us had dined there and it went way beyond any of our expectations. We'd heard it was good, but we didn't realize how good. I've had many kinds of french toast at a variety of restaurants & locations. Georgia Brown's had some of the best I'd ever tasted. It was very good and different from any I'd had, especially in a buffet setting. There was a chocolate fountain in the dessert area where you could dip strawberries, cakes, and other treats for a great fresh dessert.

I can't even begin to list all the items. Suffice to say, everything was good. The operators of the restaurant wisely staggered the reservation times so that the buffet never had a long line or was overwhelmed. There was also a live jazz band that started playing around 11am, which was also great. They really added to the experience.After that brunch the restaurant also has a full selection of entree for you to select from to take home for dinner later on in the day. All included in the initial price. It was an experience that I can't wait to repeat.

Sunday we roamed around the area doing a little shopping. I picked up a couple CD's at Tower, a Led Zepplin album that I'd wanted and couldn't download from the Apple music store and a cheap Coltraine album. Later that night I BBQ'd a batch of chicken for dinner and lunch during the week...it turned out great.

I hope all the readers of this blog had a great Labor Day weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home