Monday, June 05, 2006

Browsing the headlines...

Senate to Tackle Gay Marriage Ban By LAURIE KELLMAN, AP

Saw this in the post today, such a waste of time. There is no reason this should even brought up for discussion. Very transparent pandering to the religious right. I'm pretty consistently against these sweeping Federal mandates on issues that should be decided state to state. Personally I could careless one way or another on the actual issue it doesn't effect me in the slightest. On another level with the Defense of Marriage Act already in place this exercise seems very redundant as Sen. Joe Biden has pointed out. After reading through the act I agree with him, that Act covers everything this amendment is supposed to accomplish. With so many other issues that require discussion, going over covered ground is something I find irksome. A constitutional amendment of exclusion just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Moreno Keeps D.C. On a Winning Roll
United 1, Revolution 0
By Dan Steinberg

DC United is the best team in the Washington Area. These guys sound incredible. If only I could muster up some interest in soccer. Hmm yeah, that ain't happening. The Wizards and Redskins have been more respectable at least.

Mac Civ 4 shipping soon, trailer released
by Alan Rose, Joystiq

Cool, I've got it on the PC already but I'm glad they are continuing to port this series to the Mac. Civ 4 is a lot of fun. If you've played any of the other Civilization games, you know the basic premise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home