Friday, May 19, 2006

End of Another Fine Season of Television -- Thank God

As we enter the summer time, we are seeing the wind down of the television season as we're treated to intense season finale commercials, cliffhanger endings, tear jerking series ending episodes, and at reality show winners being decided..basically more of the same crap that we sit through every year.

I'm not into any primetime network show enough to care that much. The television is on while I'm doing things around the house in the evening, so I'm not out of the loop on what happened on ER last night or how they tied up the Will & Grace series. I even had the television on long enough to know the guests that ass Leno had for his line-up on the Tonight Show. I'm well over any disappointment about television offerings, I've found my entertainment deeper in the cable channels or on other media.

I do have one hope at the end of this season. One wish... That with the end of new programming, with exception of a some more reality television I'm sure. I wish, I pray, I hope that NBC stops running those damn "talk radio" commericials where a 3 or 4 jabbering morons are yukking it up about what's on NBC tonight, in a scripted "casual and witty" kind of fashion. I've hated those commericials since they started last fall and I despise them now. I don't even listen to the radio that often, but I still end up catching these radio spots when I do. Jeez the first time I heard them I wanted to tear my ears off and throw them out the window, preferably at the ad genius who came up with this concept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home