Friday, May 12, 2006

Baby Gushing


Man alive, I can't believe the kid has been with us for over a month now. Slowly but surely he's growing, he's passed the 7lb mark and he's already grown a half an inch taller. I'm digging being a Dad and I can tell the Lady is loving being our guy's mom. He's really becoming more aware of his surroundings, which of course makes him more fun. Last weekend we had our first voluntary smile when we was hanging out on the couch between his mom and me. As we were singing to him, he looked back and forth at both us and smiled. That moment made my weekend. We were singing old Motown tunes, the Supremes I think. I know the words to those songs like the back of my hand so they are fun to sing to him.

Our dogs have been adjusting to having the little one in the house pretty well. Jasper has really been great, he watches over the kid if we leave him in his cradle or seat. Bailey doesn't mind the new addtion, but she doesn't like having to share "her" time with anyone else. I think after a month or so now she's getting into the new routine.

I wish I'd had longer than a week to spend at home. I try to get as much time with him on the weekends and when I get home from work. Holding him lets some of the stresses of work melt away, even if he's being fussy and crying, which isn't too often really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home