Monday, April 03, 2006

Adventures in Fatherhood

It's been a few days since I'd had a chance to sit, let alone sit in front of the computer. Our son is officially a whole week old and still doing great. Yesterday was his first visit to the pediatrician, everything checked out alright with him. Basically he's in perfect health inspite of his being born weeks ahead of schedule.

The major challenges for the week are, catching up on rest somewhere in the day. After our week in the hospital, recovery rest at home has been much needed but tough to find. Lady is healing nicely, but she is exhausted. Recovering from major surgery and adjusting to the feeding needs of a newborn is a bad combo for resting and taking it easy. Fortunately I'm able to stay at home through this week. One of the other challenges is figuring out what to do with his nursery, we have the basic decorative pieces but are still stymied by what to actually paint the room. It'll all get figured out.

My head is finally adjusted to the fact that I'm a father now. The shock resulting from the suddeness of his arrival into this world and the major concern over the wife going through the c-section has subsided. He's a fantastic kid, very bright and alert for someone who sleeps through over 85% of the day. And just cute...one of the few times you'll see the word cute in this blog, but when describing my newborn son, its fitting. The kid is adorable, you've all the seen the photos, you know it to be true. I haven't had as much time as I would've liked with him. I'm often running around doing one thing or another. I think things have settled down to a point that I should get some more time with him these upcoming days... maybe... somehow I think I just jinxed myself by saying my days are settling down a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home