Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's ALIVE


General Electric P807A
Originally uploaded by lloydpier1.
I was up last night fiddling around with my old General Electric P807A transistor radio. The thing is over 40 years old, and hasn't worked in ages. But since I'd taken it down to throw out or donate, I decided to crack it open and see if it could be fixed. Sure enough, a half hour later and a fresh battery the thing is pulling down AM signals like a champ! The speaker still sounds great as well.

This used to be "my" radio when I was a kid. Dad gave me the thing when I was just a little guy. I've always been a radio fan and this was my first radio.

It's not the most styling piece of electronics, I mean it is a GE product. But the performance is solid, once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home