Friday, February 10, 2006

Rumors-a-gogo: True Video iPod

Wow the tech blogs & rumor sites are all a buzz this week about the possible Video iPod making a debut in April just in time for Apple's 30th anniversary.
I've already seen a couple different Photoshop artists interpretations of this thing. The idea of a touch screen control pad is a cool idea. A great way to maximize the screen space without straying from the original form of the iPod, which is the perfect size. There a lot of concerns about fingerprints, but honestly that's nothing a little screen protector film can't fix, as long as it doesn't effect the functioning of the touchscreen. They work great on PDA's why wouldn't they work on this thing.

Personally I'm not interested in buying one. I'm more than happy with my 5G iPod and I dig watching video on my PSP. I'm curious about the battery life on this video Ipod. With that kind of screen and more focus on the gadget being a video player, I would hope Apple would amp up the battery life somehow.

I also wonder if this would replace the 5G or simply become a higher priced option like the iPod Photo when it first came out.

Apple keeps it interesting, that's for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home