Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Super Bowl... meh... Brown and Bubbly..yech

I really wasn't into the Super Bowl this year. I kinda half watched it while I was trying to catch up on chores around the house. So in-between sweeping and polishing my floor I caught the new Diet Pepsi commercials. Okay already a stupid concept from the beginning with Diet Pepsi being treated as a celebrity with an agent..so I went back to working on the floor. I looked up again briefly when I caught the tale end of the "song" and saw the web address for the ad campaign....Brownandbubbly.com? Are you kidding me? Some marketing jerk actually got paid for cola campaign with the tagline of "Brown and Bubbly." That is horrendous. Honestly it couldn't be a more accurate but unappetitizing tagline. When I think of brown and bubbly, a delicious cola beverage (which Diet Pepsi isn't) is the last thing that comes to mind. Actually the first thing that comes to mind is this experience .

Kudos to the ad group that got away with that one. I'm sure they are literally laughing all the way to the bank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home