Friday, October 07, 2005

My Day in the Toilet

Whatta week true believers, whatta week. It just seemed to blow by. Work has been busy and I barely seem to have the time I want when I get home.

Many highs and lows this week, as the title alludes this entry will be about my lowest point in the week. When my day was quite literally in the toilet.

My Monday or Tuesday morning, I can't remember started with me waking up quite refreshed, taking a good long shower, shave, playing with the dogs. The usual routine. My wife has earlier hours than I do so she was gone for a couple hours by the time I was ready for work. In my current job I have to dress in business clothes, so it's the whole nine yards with slacks, button down shirt, tie, etc. Anyway I was particularly happy with the little ensemble I'd put together felt good and looked good, said good-bye to my dogs and walked down to the first level of my townhouse to leave for work.

WELL when I came off the bottom stair my foot hit water. My first floor foyer was a big puddle of water... Shock, dismay and then disgust were the emotions I felt when I realized the water was coming from the toilet in the powder room by our front door. Ugh!

Now I will keep the language clean, I try to keep my blog one that the whole family can read if they so please. I've saved all of you gentle readers the many expletives and curses that streamed through my mouth. As I grew later and later for work trying to mop up the incredible mess of brown colored water, soggy toilet paper and the worst of all doodie, doo doo and poo. All effects of my shower wore off as I was mired in this sewage. When I ran upstairs to grab more of my super absorbant towels, I heard a rush of water which made my blood run cold. I thought "Oh no...not more water!" I ran back to find that all the water in the bowl had rushed back down the drain as if were sucked out in some sort of super flush.

As great as that was I was still standing in a shallow pool of murky, nasty water. My towels cleaned it up well enough so that I was sure no more water would damage the house. After cleaning up a bit and getting dressed again I raced to work. On the way out I notice large puddles outside my house. Apparently there was quite a bit of the water just flowing out of the house from under the door...that must have been wild for the kids to see on the way to school.

That evening I did major scrub down of the area bleach, vinegar, Lysol all my weapons of choice were present in a hope of erasing the horrors that had been wrought that morning. After a bit of research and consulation, I've come to the conclusion that our main drain pipe for the house had a blockage. So with the water having no way to exit our house it took the next available exit point..specifically our first floor toilet.


Everything is fine now though, no repeat of the incident at all this week. I found a bio-enzyme pipe cleaner that I'll be using to maintain things... but ugh. I hope this never happens again. I have to give a "shout out" to the good people at Fuller Brush, I can't give them enough praise. Their super absorbant towels really did the trick. These things have come in handy for a lot of clean-ups but this was truely a test of their combined might...I must say they triumphed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home