Monday, January 23, 2006

Weekend of Excellent Breakfast

I had every intention of making breakfast over the weekend. Its something I enjoy doing. But the weekend had other plans for me. So I thought why not take the opportunity to point out two of my favorite breakfast spots since I visited them both this weekend.

Saturday - Mountain View Diner - Frederick, Maryland

On Saturday, the wife and I had the opportunity to join another couple for breakfast at this great little diner. The Mountain View Diner doesn't look like anything special from its location on Route 40 in Frederick. It looks like any other local diner. However some of their breakfast offerings really set it apart. My personal favorite is their French Toast. Man alive is it delicious, thick slices of battered french bread, cooked to perfection. Crispy outside and warm and soft inside delicious. Plus the place serves, my personal favorite breakfast meat, Scrapple! Their bacon, and other egg dishes are great too. Mixed reviews at our table regarding the sausage links.

The other great thing about this place, despite having a steady flow of customers there is rarely much of a wait. I don't know if we are just lucky or if its always that way. So if you happen to be up in Frederick give them a try.

The Original Pancake House - Rockville & Bethesda, Maryland

Sunday morning I was awakened by my Mom & Dad, offering us an invite out to breakfast. Their pick was our traditional location, the Original Pancake House in Rockville, MD. This small chain of restaurants is really the best place to get pancakes. I happen to be a big fan of the pancake, so this is place is breakfast heaven to me. They have such a wider variety of pancakes it's unreal. The classic buttermilk pancakes are great, but I've been going with the healthier buckwheat pancakes more often then not. My Lady enjoys the wheat germ variety.

Despite the name of the restaurant they really excel at all kinds of breakfast dishes. Their omellettes are huge, fluffy and fantastic. Their crepes and waffles look devine. Both locations can build up quite a crowd of folks waiting to get in. However the wait has never been more than 20 minutes for us.

There are a couple other places that I enjoy. However I don't have the same perfect run of breakfasts that I've enjoyed at the two listed above. If you are a local or visiting the area. Look them up and give them a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home