Monday, February 13, 2006

Comic Store Wars - Battlefield: Georgetown

A few weeks ago I was giving a run down of some of my preferred comic stores in the DC Metro/Maryland area. Well two of them it seems are getting wrapped up in a legal dispute.

Read this article from the current Washington City Paper, submitted to by my brother the Code Monkey: 'Big' Problems

Personally I think the legal action taken by Big Planet is baseless. I've been to both stores and I'm familiar with both logos. The couldn't be more different, there isn't any confusion possible by even the most casual of shopper. It gets back to sour grapes on Big Planet's end, they haven't been happy about any comic book shop residing in their part of Georgetown.

All I do know, from now on I won't bother visiting Big Planet at any of its locations. This new nonsense of attacking competing store helps make the decision that much easier for me. With a great shop like Big Monkey in Georgetown who needs to waste time at Big Planet. Big Planet may sells loads of great trade paperbacks, but honestly I don't see the need to pay full price for those books when I can buy them online at a considerable discount. So for my comics and toy fix I'll stick with Big Monkey, though I don't go down to that store too often, maybe I'll make the effort now to give them some additional support.

Other Links:
Big Planet Comics: http://www.bigplanetcomics.com/

Big Monkey Comics: http://www.bigmonkeycomics.com/

Big Monkey Blog: http://richmondstore.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home