Saturday, February 11, 2006

Friday evening

Finally had a good Friday night. Things got finished up early enough at work for me so that I could enjoy an evening out with friends for dinner. Six of us, three couples, met at Tauraso's in Frederick. I like the restaurant alright, but I was more looking forward to the company. One of the couple's will be getting married this coming May, between that event and our upcoming new addition to the family there was plenty to talk about and plan for. Their wedding day should be an interesting one, since we'll witness both a Jewish ceremony and a Hindu ceremony. A fun and rare experience I'm sure it will be...we've been told not to expect the day to finish until at least midnight.

My friend John and I were hoping to get the Bananas Foster for dessert, basically just to get the flame show at out tableside. But that got nipped in the bud when the waitress gave us the news that they were out of bananas. They were actually out, couldn't believe it. Either the dessert is crazy popular, or they don't think anyone is going to want it so they don't keep the nanners in stock. Anyway the food was alright, believe it or not. I was hungry, but not really in the mood for anything in particular. A very rare day, since usually my meal choices are important decisions in my day, today I just didn't care.

I'm lying here in bed now watching Dr. Strangelove, I just happened acrossed it while flipping through the channels. My wife and both of the dogs are asleep, so I'm the only one stirring...which is often the case. I'm guessing in a couple of months here I'm going to have some late night company depending on the kid's sleep patterns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home