Monday, February 27, 2006

Its Not a Clubhouse

For those who don't know me or may not know me too well, I'm not a mean or unkind person. However, I'm not that sociable naturally, I do make an effort when at work to keep up a certain level of chit-chat when I'm not busy. I say "hi" or "Good morning, how was you weekend" to c0-workers in the hallway or in the kitchen. Carrying on enough chit-chat to keep people from thinking I'm a total office hermit.

But, when I'm taking a leak or attending to some paperwork in the men's restroom I don't need the witty patter. I've just always thought when in the men's room, nothing beyond a "hey, man" or "wassup" is necessary. It's not a clubhouse or a lockerroom, I'm not chilling out. I just need to unload my cargo and carry-on with my day.

Ususally the men's room is such an unsavory environment of smells and noises that I want to get out of there as soon as possible. The idea that I'm going to take a little extra time to discuss the previous weekend's game that I probably didn't watch with a guy in the men's room is just not ideal.

I don't know if I'm alone in these feelings. Judging by the amount of chatty guys I encounter that I'm in the minority.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home