Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Google Calendar - Me Like

Google continues to grow with another service in beta, the Google Calendar. Initially, I wasn't even motivated to check it out, there are a lot of calendar services out there already. But so far Google's is one of the better ones. It offers iCalendar support for Mac users, like me. The interface is great, very smooth for an Internet app. Offering invitations via the calendar saves me from having to jump over to Evite to make online invitations.

All in all it's not bad. Google has been hit or miss with their expanding range of services. The only thing that has me leary of using Google Calendar, is that it stores another batch of information about my life on their servers. Already my blog, some of my e-mail, my search history are being collected by them...now they can track my life events in my calendar... eh. I'm not that paranoid, so it doesn't bother me too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home