Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Celtic Woman Lullabye

On Saturday, I had the pleasure of going with my wife and my folks to the Celtic Woman concert at Constitution Hall. We grabbed a little dinner at Cafe Soleil before hand, which wasn't bad. We had PLENTY of time to eat and get down there. Since we were taking the subway down into the city from North Bethesda, we had to figure out the timing and logistics for getting down in time for our dinner reservation and allowing time to walk to the concert hall afterwords. For those unfamiliar with Constitution Hall, there aren't any parking lots close to the venue and the closest Metro stations are a 10-15 minute walk in distance. As we also found out, since that area isn't exactly a hot nightspot, taxis are scare in this part of the city as well. All that aside, we made it there in plenty of time.

The Celtic Woman concert isn't my usual kind of show, I'll be honest. I enjoy the music well enough at certain times. Especially in the evening when trying to chill out. But the main reason I went is because this is something my wife wanted to do and something she would enjoy, all of which is fine by me. I enjoy a good evening out. An unforseen challenge at this show however was the "Sleepy Man" factor. All the ingredients were there for a nap. I had just had good sized meal, the concert hall was warm, and the seat weren't half bad...plus all of the music is very light, pure & peaceful "Enya"/Celtic female vocals... WHOA it was tough staying awake!

I couldn't stand, because that would have peeved the people behind me. I could really talk because I didn't want to ruin the performance for others. I kept trying to think about a variety of things like work or projects at home...but none of that worked. I kept nodding off. Fortunately I didn't snore and thankfully my wife didn't notice. But I will definitely prep myself for this fight next time go to one of these shows.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chimpanzee Rage said...

You're an angry man Dr. Oracle...angry and tired

Thu Nov 03, 01:32:00 PM EST  
Blogger droracle said...

yes I am monkey man...so what of it :-)

Thu Nov 10, 11:48:00 PM EST  
Blogger CurvyDiva said...

Hey - I did not know you hated it so much...read the blog...learn the TRUTH!

Thu Nov 17, 10:55:00 AM EST  
Blogger droracle said...

Now I never said I hated it. Not at all actually, it was beautiful music. It's just also very relaxing music to me. I'd actually see them again to be honest.

The only thing that had be annoyed was the cab situation.

Sat Nov 19, 02:22:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home