Tuesday, June 06, 2006

What the hell is wrong with people?

Okay short story, my little familia and I went out for dinner at the Golden Bull restaurant in our town. It's just a restaurant with a solid salad bar, we had a coupon in our Entertainment Book which made it a good lazy Monday dinner option. After putting in our order for crabcakes and steaks, Lady decides to hit the salad bar while I take my shift watching the Boy as he sleeps in his little carrier.

Lady comes back with a salad, skillfully arranged on her plate to offer her a good variety without mixing incompatible flavors. Upon sitting down she leaned in and told me not to use the apple butter. Automatically I asked, why did someone put their finger in it? Evidently a guy took the spoon and daintly took a taste from the bowl of apple butter then proceeded to put the spoon back into the bowl. UGH!

He followed up this act with the statement: "I didn't want to do that, but I didn't want any if I didn't know what it was"...Like that is an excuse.

I was aghast and pretty pissed, because I happen to dig the apple butter. But I was angry on another level because it was another example a person just not knowing how to act in society. Whatta jerk. I had plenty more to say about him last night while in the restaurant, so I've kind of run out of steam since it's the next day.

The rest of the meal was alright, decent prime rib that I didn't have to cook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home