Friday, September 15, 2006

Hands on: iTunes 7

The new iPod and iTunes store offerings have been well documented in the news and tech blogs, so I won't add to the search engine noise and relist the products. Overall they make sense to announce together, focusing on the music and video entertainment. Hopefully Apple will update their MacBook line quietly like they did their iMac and Mac Mini products.

Being the iPod devotee that I am, I promptly downloaded iTunes 7 following announcements on Tuesday afternoon, along with the iPod software update. I love the new view options and the automatic cover art download feature. I also like the way they've put iPod file management and sync preferences more towards as main screen tabs up front once you've got an iPod docked to your computer instead of buried in a file menu.

The new look of the iTunes GUI is also pretty slick and well done. The most attractive the app has ever been in my opinion.

I'm also very happy about the new gapless play feature that Apple has FINALLY included in iTunes.

I haven't had any problems with the installation of iTunes or the iPod software upgrade. I have read about people with freeze up issues, but that seems to be the case whenever there is an update. I've also heard some original 5G iPod owners, like myself, who are bitter that the search feature isn't possible on our iPods like it is for the new 5G iPod. I'm happy with new game offerings and the alphabetical browsing feature. I think its a little nutz for people think they'll continue to get all the new features. There has to be some incentive for folks to buy the latest iPods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home