Monday, September 11, 2006

The Doctor is In

Hey folks, I'm back. Just back from a week in mostly sunny Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Overall a great vacation, that I was in dire need of. The past year with job layoffs, new jobs, a new baby, and all that goes with those events put quite a few grey hairs on my head.

However after my break, I feel refreshed. I'm happy to in my new job, which continues to be all that I'd hoped for. Our son continues to learn new things, it so much fun for the Lady and I to watch him advance as he grows. He did fantastically in his first airplane trips. He practically slept through the flight home. I'm glad my sister was along with us on both flights there and back, we had a lot of stuff to haul around and the extra pair of hands made it easier. Little man enjoyed his pool and beach time, just relaxing on his towel or along with one of his parents or grandparents. He got to take a dip in the ocean...which didn't go over too well. He much preferred the pool, once he adjusted to how cool the water was.

On this trip The Code Monkey's main squeeze, the Philly Girl came along with us. She seemed pretty cool. It was nice to finally meet this chick and get to know her a bit.

It was sad to see the vacation end. A week really isn't enough. I love this country but our employment laws regarding personal leave for family matters and US companies vacation offerings are deplorable. I just finally started relaxing toward the end of this vacation, I really needed another week to get a good break. At least my new job gets me back up to 3 weeks a year... better then the pitiful 2 weeks I had from my last gig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home