Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fall Festivals... tis the season

Autumn is by far my favorite season out of the four. The weather is perfect in my opinion, a nice little chill to the air but not too cold. Watching the leaves change as the trees prep for the winter, makes the landscape so colorful and more interesting to the eye. Between my birthday, Halloween and Thanksgiving so of my fav holidays happen in the autumn as well.

However, what I look forward to the most during this time of year are the Fall Festivals. Over the weekend, we went up to Thurmont, MD for the annual Colorfest. Basically the whole town is decidated to this arts & crafts fair. There are so many vendors and visitors it's hard to convey just how big this event is with mere words. Now I know arts & crafts fairs aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I dig them. I like seeing other people's creations, I'm big on holiday decorations and I usually find one or two new things to add to our collections, and the big thing I love about these fairs is the FOOD.

Oh man the food is great... from the breakfast sandwiches served in the morning, to the pit beef sandwiches that you can eat in the evening. The Colorfest is the best fair for food, because of its size you can find everything there. My top favorites are the smoked turkey drumsticks which only a few vendors sell, the demand for these increases every year but that doesn't deter me & the Lady for getting ours every time. Of the snack foods, fresh kettle corn is a unique feature of this fair. Specifically the booth that makes kettle corn in a traditional copper kettle, not a new school stainless steel kettle, it makes a difference. Those who don't agree, don't know their kettle corn.

I went kind of light this year on the fair food, sticking to my guns and just having my choice favorites. I passed the deep fried candy bars, funnel cakes, caramel apples, apple dumplings, fresh cut french fries, and pulled pork sandwiches. I declined the fresh lemonade and strawberry smoothies. So many temptations and so little time... can't wait until next year.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home