Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

First off a big thank you to all those in armed forces serving night and day to protect our nation and our allies. A special thanks and prayers to the families of those who have given their lives in serving our country. I really hope that everyone at least takes one moment today to remember those who gave their life in military service or veterans who are no longer with us.

It was a three day weekend for me as it was for most folks this Memorial Day weekend. I wish I had an alternate work schedule like I did a decade ago. Having a 3 day weekend every other week is such a great thing to have. I'm so much more productive and recharged after 3 days off. I get enough time to decompress and get things done around the house. Trying to cram all that into 2 day is just a sucker's quest.

This weekend we got the backyard together for the little man. He's got a sandbox, a deck chair (with cupholder), a little pool, and plenty o' outdoor toys for pool and sandbox. We braved Lowes on this holiday weekend to get some new yard equipment and mulch. All in all the backyard is looking great, the patio is clean, the little guy's stuff is set up. It's fantastic.

I grilled up a couple of ribeyes (bought'm at Costco yesterday, they have some of the best steaks). I'm glad we didn't decide on heading to the beach or anything. The DC Metro area is so much nicer when half the populous leaves home for a little vacay. The roads are less crammed, lines are shorter at the stores, and the waits aren't that bad in restaurants. It so nice... too bad they don't all stay away more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home