Tuesday, April 03, 2007

No longer a Newborn, but not yet a Man (Gushing Dad Alert)

The MMR kinda had a little "spring break" there for a few weeks. Sorry about the pause in entries. The Little Man had his first birthday last Tuesday, and the weekend before we had a big party for the kid. It was quite an undertaking and preparations took up quite a bit of time since it also meant my in-laws coming into to town to stay with us for a couple weeks. As the title warns, this a gush parent entry. I can't help it our little guy turned 1 last week, so I gotta blog about it. If this isn't your bag, check out the archives.

The Little Man's party was a big success. Everyone had a great time. We had a Noah's Ark theme for the party. This included an Ark cake put together from Fancy Cakes by Leslie . My Dad put together a great spread of food and snacks while the Lady's Mom painted a large backdrop based off the invitations to folks to take photos in front of. Almost everyone invited came which was really cool.

After this birthday it just seems that the Little Man knows he's not considered a newborn anymore. He's crawling around now and standing up more often on his own. I had to even lower is crib last weekend since he was being so precocious. Its so amazing to see this little kid now, who looks more like a little boy and less like a baby. Especially considering the tiny 6lbs wrinkly premature newborn he was just a year ago. I'm beginning to understand what people mean about time flying. Its sad to see we're losing our little baby, but at the same time I'm so proud of his accomplishments as he grows and I'm enjoying him more then ever now that he can really play. He throws a ball, he interacts with folks more then ever now, and he's talking more each day which is hilarious to me. I miss the little baby, but I love and enjoy the little boy that is taking his place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home