Tuesday, February 27, 2007

So very busy. I'm a busy, BUSY man

WHOA after this past weekend, I need another weekend to recover.

Saturday was the BIG day, we kicked the day off waking up around 7AM so that I could get a haircut. From their we took the kid to his class at the Little Gym. This was his 3rd/4th class I can't remember. It's a morning class and the morning isn't always his strongest time of day to perform (like father, like son). But he did his forward flips and played. He enjoyed himself for the most part, I could tell he was ready for a nap by the time we were done.

After a quick breakfast we got home to allow the little guy to that nap in. We wanted him well rested for his 10 month photo session that we needed to get done today. After taking he took the longest nap possible we got him together and down to the Picture People in Bethesda, for his photo session. This kid isn't shy about the camera, we've been taking him to get his photos done every month since he was born. So he knows the routine. During these photo sessions my job is to basically be a total idiot trying to get him to smile or laugh for the camera or at the very least keep his spirits up so we don't have any tears. Fortunately the place wasn't busy that day, so we were able to get in and out of their in about 20 minutes, BACK on the ROoooooad.

From there we went into DC to my Grandma's house for our little cousin's first birthday. She's a month older then our Little man almost to the day. Grandma has a nice little row house, but I emphasize "little". That place was packed with people for this birthday party. I was happy we weren't too late, everyone had a good time. She got great gifts of clothes and toys. There was cake and ice cream... but we couldn't get too relaxed. NOPE, it was time to move again.

We said our goodbyes and headed north to Frederick, MD. We were having dinner with a friend of ours at a Japanese restaurant near her house. Since she was on her own that night we didn't want her driving too far on her own. The food at this place, Matsutake Japanese Restaurant of Frederick, wasn't bad. But wow the prices were pretty far out. I've eaten my fair share of Japanese cuisine in restaurants around Rockville and Columbia, but I never thought the most expensive one I'd go to would be in Frederick, MD of all places. I'm talking about a 5-8 dollar difference in prices from what I've gotten at comparable places in my area. After visiting at her place after dinner, we enjoyed a Starbucks recharge and headed home around 10pm, waaaaay past the Little Man's bedtime.

Sunday he and his mother got to do some serious napping. I on the other hand did stuff around the house, messed around the garage. Basically keeping to indoor activities, since we had more of that damn snow. At least is just a snow event and not ice.

Oh and the Oscars blew. Booooring, looong and most of the movies I couldn't of cared less about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home