Monday, February 19, 2007

Random thoughts from my President's Day holiday

I had the day off today for President's Day, and though it was a good day nothing really gelled for an anecdote. So just random thoughts.

- Why doesn't Barnes & Noble have terminals available for customers to look up the location and availability of books & other media? I understand the human interaction factor that comes from the customer service desks in the store. But damn it that just isn't efficient. The boy and I just need to find one book, but we don't know the author. There is only one customer service dude at the desk this afternoon. It's already been almost a half hour and we still haven't found this book, or even talked to a customer service guy yet. In this digital age where customers are often more then comfortable enough looking books up on a terminal, Barnes & Nobles should offer this service. Hell, even the neighborhood library offers up that ability and the local B&N is larger then most of the libraries around here. We're outta here, Little Man, we'll just order the book off of Amazon.

- How does Target always know NOT to stock the video game that I've made up my mind on purchasing? Guess I'll just order it off of Amazon...

- The new location of Beyond Comics at Lakeforest Mall is great. Much more elbow room, the only space I don't appreciate is all the empty space on the new titles shelves. How is it that this store has a terrible record of having the new titles on the shelves that I'm interested in, sometimes on the shipping date? I can run up the Frederick location and they are always stocked. I'm going to just start ordering them off of Amaz... oh wait they don't sell comics, well there is some online solution I'm sure. Better then trekking to Frederick.

- Having another day with the kid is great. Between taking care of him, the dogs and trying to get laundry and dinner together I'm pooped.

1 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

Sweet lord, I'm SO happy you're with us at Indie Bloggers, but it's going to take me at least a decade to get used to your masthead.


You know, given the phobia of cyborgs and all.

But that's for an entirely different conversation. :)

Sat Feb 24, 10:34:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home