Saturday, November 19, 2005

Live from New York

This weekend my wife along with my parents are up in New York for a little shopping and shows. We made decent time getting up here and got in with enough time to spare to enjoy seeing Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic. This is one of my wife's favorite modern musicals. Honestly I didn't know too much about the story until I took her to the movie earlier this year. The movie didn't blow me away, but the Broadway stage performance sure did. Really impressive set design and the actors were quite talented. Especially the actor who played the Phantom. I don't have my program in front of me at the moment, but I'll give the guy a mention the next time I think about it. A great show and excellent seats. We only had two cell phones ring which isn't too bad in this day.

Afterwards we decided to take a stab at going to Serendipity 3 for a little light night nosh and dessert. Unfortunately we had a total idiot of a cab driver who I'm surprised is able to find his house at night. The guy who spoke great English, just seemed to have trouble listening to basic directions. So instead of Serendipity 3 we at at the West Way Diner which is pretty darn good for diner food and convenient to the hotel.

My wife is doing pretty well considering how bad her health has been lately. I think NYC has offered a little recharge. I don't know what is on the agenda tomorrow. I just know I'm looking forward to desserts at Serendipity 3 and bbq at Virgil's in Times Square...if you hadn't noticed food is a big part of my trips. I like eating at places I don't have at home in Maryland & DC.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I am sooooo jealous!!! Can you pick up some Virgil's and send it over to us...you know, we aren't THAT far, it's only Hawaii. That was the best BBQ I have ever tasted, ambiance was great too.....ah, enjoy!

Glad that Crystal is feeling better :-)

Sun Nov 20, 05:19:00 AM EST  
Blogger Chimpanzee Rage said...

glad you kids had fun! i always love it up there.

Mon Nov 21, 10:57:00 AM EST  
Blogger droracle said...

It was a great time!

Heather I'd send over a Virgils sampler if I could. Hell, I'd send them out to everyone I knew as Christmas presents hahaha. Unfortunatley I don't think they'd mail too well.

Crystal is doing a little better. If it weren't for taxi cabs she couldn't have done half as much as she did. She had a fantastic time though, just what she needed.

Mon Nov 21, 01:00:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home