Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Long Weekend

Ah man, today was my first day back to work after a four-day weekend. Since we had the 4th off I decided to take the 3rd as a vacay day. I'm glad I did, even though we didn't end up taking a trip anywhere I needed to spend the quality time with the family. The three of us hadn't had much time together other than the two days we get on the weekend. Having over half a week together was good for all of us. During that time we ventured up to the King of Prussia mall in the Philly 'burbs, it's the biggest mall on the Eastern seaboard and definitely worth the trip. Little man was bothered by the heat, so we didn't get to explore as much as we'd like. But we saw enough to warrant another trip up there soon.

Over the weekend we actually got a movie in as well. On Saturday mornings the theatre does a "baby friendly" showing of a recent release. This weekend it happened to be "Click" with Adam Sandler and Christopher Walken. Not a bad flick, it seemed a little conflicted in what kind of movie it wanted to be, not my favorite Sandler movie by far, but not bad. Some of the subject matter in the movie of wrestling with a career and still finding time with the family, being creatively stifled at work, along with some of the other topics kind of hit a little close to home. I'll be damned if that movie didn't make me mist up a few times, some of those scenes were brutally sad, not to mention I've been an easy emotional target lately. It's very uncharacteristic for me to waste any emotion on a movie. Ah well, so I teared up big deal. Wanna make something of it? Huh, well do ya? Yeah...didn't think so...

The boy has been growing leaps and bounds, every week he gets more fun. His smile just cracks me up. I actually look forward to waking him up in the mornings, because he always flashes that toothless grin when he wakes up and sees me there. He's getting better at copying faces that I make with him and he's getting more into being read to and song to.

Word has it the in-laws are coming in a few weeks. Suffice to say the house isn't ready for houseguests...so I can easily see what the weekends hold for me this month. I'm glad I got to enjoy the holiday a bit over the long weekend, that'll make it a little easier while I'm working away these upcoming weekends.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chimpanzee Rage said...

crying in movies huh? and readily admitting it! Aren't you just the modern man? Much ribbing will be done now my brother...

Thu Jul 06, 01:14:00 PM EST  
Blogger droracle said...

I didn't say crying, I said I teared up. I wasn't a blubbering cry baby by the end of the movie. The billed the movie as comedy, but it's not so much a comedy as more of a really brutal "It's a Wonderful Life" rip. Just got a little tough.

Don't judge me!

Thu Jul 06, 02:46:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home