Friday, July 07, 2006

Day 2 of Lady being Sick

It's never fun when your spouse is sick. That's a given. I'm just finishing the second day of my wife being sick. She's got a terrible bout of food poisoning, it's just awful. She's really going through a lot of discomfort, and I feel really bad that I can't do anything for her besides keep her on a regular schedule with Tylenol to keep her fever down, provide the beverages, and do the occasional backrubs. Unfortunately it's just one of those deals that has to run it's course. Yesterday was really scary when her fever went up to about 104. I would've taken her to the hospital if she'd been able to go. Fortunately we were able to break that fever and get it down to a less scary level. The Doc prescribed an antibiotic that I picked up yesterday after waiting for a frick'n hour in CVS. I swear I get the most solid Nintendo DS playing time waiting for prescriptions to be filled. No lie, I once played a whole game of Madden '05 waiting for a prescription...crazy.

Lady has been keeping her activity level low, and eating what I fix for her. Dinners for her has consisted of soups and Saltines. Nothing too exciting. Figuring out my meals has been the true adventure. Yesterday I ate leftovers, an easy go to. Today however was another matter. After a long day at work my culinary imagination wasn't too sharp. I was just staring at that fridge stymied. All I could come up with was bacon and eggs. I would've just had a big bowl of cereal if we had any milk. Whenever I'm at a loss on what to eat, breakfast foods appear to be my comfort zone of reliability. Dinner wasn't exactly magical, but it was hot and tasted alright. Thank God, we had eggs.

Well it's Friday night... being the wild and crazy guy I am. I'll probably draw or play a game on the computer... woo hoo, somebody stop me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chimpanzee Rage said...

Hope she's feelin better. Staying in on Friday ain't bad. I shoulda stayed in last night, woulda made coming into work on Saturday less of a bear...

Sat Jul 08, 01:40:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home