Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Cruel Summer


Damn I hate summer. Specifically I hate summer here in the DC area. But in general I'm not a fan of the season. Such a nasty, hot, uncomfortable time of year. I especially hate this year, because I'm in a job that requires a tie, slacks and a long sleeve shirt. After five years of being able to wear a t-shirt and shorts while working from home with my A/C blasting away it's a tough adjustment. Frig'n dress code.

The big problem is that I sweat. I've always been this way, no matter what my weight is or how in shape I am. I sweat. My morning shower is basically ruined by the time I walk to my car and wait for the A/C to kick in half way to work. It sucks. I walk into the office half the time looking like I ran the entire way with sweat around my collar and down my back. Just a horrible scene, not cool at all.

To make matters worse, this company with the dress code has got me in a office with horrible air circulation. It's like a sauna in here. I sit here making my own gravy all day like a roast slow cooking in a crockpot. It's gross.

I can't wait until the fall. Where I have more control of my comfort level and I can function at a peak level again. The NFL is starting up training camps...first sign that fall is getting closer and closer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chimpanzee Rage said...

mmmm gravy

Tue Jul 11, 05:09:00 PM EST  
Blogger droracle said...

yeah this is bad gravy though...bad bad gravy

Tue Jul 11, 05:10:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home